It’s been a rough winter for Charlotte, and plenty of us have had to deal with their pipes freezing or bursting. When a pipe bursts, not only is your plumbing affected, it can also damage the walls, ceilings, and floors of your home. To save yourself the grief of having to repair your home, here are a few tips to take care of frozen pipes.
- Shut the water flow to the pipes
- Heat the frozen pipe slowly with either a hairdryer, space heater, or pipe heating tape.
- Wrap the pipe with warm, wet towels until the ice melts.
If you know you will be away from home for more than a few days during the winter, follow these steps to prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Shut off the water supply to your home.
- Open the taps and drain the water in the pipes.
- Shut off your hot water tank.
To learn more tips on how to deal with or prevent your pipes from freezing, check out this article. If your pipe has already burst, or you’re experiencing any other plumbing problems, call Charlotte Plumbing Companies. Charlotte Plumbing is available for emergencies 24/7, and services all areas of plumbing!